FEET – Plantar Fascia, Metatarsal Issues etc
Our strong background in running and triathlon give us an excellent understanding of foot biomechanics. We assess and treat a wide variety of foot pain and achieve great results with well-designed exercise programs to improve balance and mobility.
Plantar Fasciitis is an irritation to the plantar fascia that runs along the bottom of the arch of the foot. Other common conditions we can help include Moreton’s neuroma (pain in the ball of the foot), metatarsalgia, turf-toe and plantar plate injuries.
The treatment for each condition is specific to diagnosis and may involve;
- Manual therapy to release tension in foot & calf muscles
- Electrotherapy to stimulate healing
- Modulated and progressive muscle strengthening and stretching program
- Strapping to reduce re-aggravation
- Advice on home management including heel pads, night splints and activity modification
- Digital gait analysis using our in-clinic force plate
- Prescribe and fit custom orthotics